Why study in Changsha, capital of Hunan province?

Although not as ancient big city as Beijing or Nanjing, Changsha also has rich historical heritages including old wall remains, tomb sites, religious temples and buildings. One is a great man in Chinese recent history, Chairman Mao Zedong and the other is Yuelu Academy, one of the longest historical academic schools in China. Originally built in 976 during the Song Dynasty, the academy school survived through the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties and is considered to be the cradle of Huxiang Culture.

Changsha people boast to be the best gourmand of China and here people spend a lot of time cooking and eating. Xiang Cuisine is one of the Eight Cuisines in China and has a fine and delicate appearance and a hot & salty taste and the heavy and hot taste is an equal competitor to the spicy food of Sichuan. Street dining and restaurants in the city make every visitor's mouth hot. No matter the featured snacks - 'Stinky Tofu' and 'Rice cake' in Huogongdian (Fire Palace) or the famous spicy shrimps at Nanmenkou, the many types of delicious local food will not disappoint any guests.

Changsha people are also famous for their acting and have created various traditional folk art performances of their own including the local operas, storytelling, drum opera and other dramatic styles. Everyone can feel their hospitalities and enthusiasm by their vigorous dances. Today, most of the entertainment houses in the city present dynamic and entertaining performances featuring a blend of the traditional essence and the modern flare. Dotted with all sorts of bars and pubs, Jiefang Xilu, although not as prosperous as Sanlitun Pub Street in Beijing, has its own styles. Romantic and quiet bars, dynamic show bars, teahouses, and western style restaurants...People of all ages can find their ideal place to spend their leisure time. Welcome you to Changsha!

Who can accompany you?

Foreign spouses and children under 18 years age of international students, parents or overseas guardians of international students under the age of 18 can apply for valid L visas with a validity period of six months or one year of zero, once, twice or multiple entries. The application times are not limited, but the valid term of the visa being applied for shall not exceed the valid term of the international student's visa or that of the residence permit.

In general, only after an international student has gone through all the formalities in accordance with the requirements in this section, visa for the person that will accompany the international student to study can be handled.

What people have to buy insurance?

According to the regulations, an international student who studies in China for more than 180 days must purchase Chinese domestic insurance.

What do I need to bring ?

Things that have to bring: passport-size photos and copies of passport as many as possible because they will be used when going though a series of formalities after entering into China.
Passport, Admission Notice, transcript, physical examination records, JW201 Form or JW202
Form, certificate of the highest level of education, recommendation letters of professor and other important documents.
Underwear and some clothes.
Tuition fees.
Things that don't have to bring: computer, cell phone and other digital products and home appliances. If you want to bring some appliances, please note that voltage in Henanis 220 volts. Daily necessities and food.

Who are required for a physical examination?

The international students with X visa should receive a physical examination after enrollment, and obtain a Health certificate issued by Henan Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.

Within 6 months before coming to Henan, if you have already taken a physical examination in your country, a verification and review shall be taken. All the original copies of the physical examination reports and laboratory sheets shall be submitted to the Out-patient Department, Henan International Travel Healthcare Center for review. Those that have passed the review don't need physical examination again. A certificate issued by a private medical institution is only valid after notarization, and if it passed the verification, the physical examination shall be exempted.

An international student who hasn't obtained such verification certificate can't apply for Residence Permit.